Job Is Available at NEI's Pasadena Headquarters
Nutrition & Education International currently has a job available at the foundation's headquarters in Pasadena, CA, USA.
NEI's Vision is to end malnutrition among impoverished women and children living in high mortality regions of Afghanistan. The foundation's Mission is to assist poor families suffering from protein-energy malnutrition through promoting a self-sustainable soy value chain development.
The job currently available is a full-time post as Program Officer. Inquiries and resumes an be emailed to email@example.com. Detailed requirements are contained in the job posting below.
Grant & New Business Development Duties:
The Program Officer is responsible for writing proposals to government agencies and private foundations and developing new business plans and contracts with NGOs and private companies. She/he will identify new funding sources for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects. Engaging current and new small donors is done through social media platforms, electronic newsletters, and print material. This person must be willing to assist with hard copy mailings to small donors and assist with administrative tasks relating to program development. She/he must track data in order to generate reports to funders and ensure that NEI is compliant with donor deadlines and regulations.
Program Management Duties:
The Program Officer provides operational support to NEI’s multi-year and multi-donor agricultural, youth development, gender, social enterprise, and nutrition programs. She/he will collaborate with staff in the US, Korea, and Afghanistan to ensure successful program outcomes that improve the health and wellbeing of poor rural households. The Program Officer will be responsible for overseeing implementation of NEI’s soy value chain development activities. The successful candidate must have proven experience in managing complex, multi-year donor-funded programs from award to closeout; the ability to develop, monitor, and strategically manage program budgets; and follow award compliance. She/he will improve management systems and be responsible for knowledge management including developing best practices. This position requires strong communication skills and writing briefings relating to agriculture science, gender, and soy nutrition.
- English language fluency.
- Experience in deadline-driven environment.
- 3+ years experience in professional environment requiring grant reporting and development writing.
- Experience with institutional donor relations.
- Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising and grant development.
- Professional social media and website content and maintenance for NGO.
- Must be flexible and work well independently and on a team.
- Detail-oriented with strong project and time management skills and experience.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA or BS in related field.
- Experience developing and overseeing M & E processes in the field of public health, nutrition, agriculture, gender or education.
- NGO experience working abroad.
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto and/or Korean.
- Preferred candidate will have MA degree in related field.
- 5+ years experience in international setting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; many communications are with individuals whose first language is not English.
- Think strategically, be creative, implement practically, and deliver the expected results.
- Ability to work well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong project management skills – organizing, planning, execution, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E).
- Ability to create awareness regarding NEI’s mission and impact in Afghanistan.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Genuine commitment toward helping others.
- Communicate NEI’s institutional history and program successes to small and major donors, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Track statistics relevant to program outcomes and convey data in a reader friendly method to current and potential donors.
- All activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and government institutions.
- Oversee grant compliance including generating quarterly and annual reports.
- Expand small donor database.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in NEI’s work.
- Research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for new funding sources and international development initiatives.
- Create monthly updates, quarterly newsletters, and annual reports.
- Manage social media and website content.
- Programmatic oversight of NEI’s grant and business portfolio in Afghanistan. 11)Lead, coordinate, and implement NEI’s plans, working closely with Department Managers in Food Technology, Agriculture, and Nutrition Departments.
- Regular data input and maintenance of management software.
- Steward outreach and foster collaboration with stakeholders such as the World Food Program, Government of Afghanistan, and other donor nations.
- Understand the needs of NEI’s team and quickly solve problems to ensure successful outcomes for our beneficiaries.
- Gather accurate data about NEI’s main pillars of activities including seed production, soybean cultivation, soy processing and soy market development, and soy food culture development.
- Analyze information above and publish findings for internal and external stakeholders including government, UN agencies, other NGO’s, and media. 17)Research on nutrition and health improvement programs by NGO, UN agencies, and governments related to Afghanistan (and elsewhere if needed).
- Develop NEI soy nutrition promotion programs to improve public nutrition and food security status in Afghanistan among women and children, such as training workshops, conferences and school or community presentations. At times, present material internally or to NEI partners.
- Research, develop, conduct, or coordinate needs assessments and other surveys as it is related to public nutrition, health, and food security status of Afghan women and children.
- Develop gender programs to support needy women with nutritional, financial and social empowerment through NEI’s soy nutrition initiative.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3-5 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 3 years
- Grant Writing: 3 years
- Fundraising: 3 years
(Back to top)